Friday, September 11, 2009

What to do next?

I know that it's wrong to start with an apology but I've not been able to post for what seems like ages, so sorry - there, said it.

I'm brought back to the blog by an experience last night that I've never faced before and will probably never face again. It's not to do with Social Media and only loosely connected to Volvo, but I feel duty bound to share it.

I was at a presentation to a group of customers at a dealership, having been asked to deliver a 20-minute presentation on Volvo's PR and Social media strategy. There I was, in full flow, and just coming to the finale when.......

A lady in the front row fainted!!

Now, what do you do? How do you deal with that? I've read all sorts of books about presentation techniques, and what to do if you think your loosing your audience, how to enliven the delivery etc, but never what to do if somebody passes out straight in front of you.

Fortunately the young lady made a quick and full recovery but it did leave me as the presenter questioning what I'd done, whether she'd been thoroughly bored and decided that being comatose was a better option. I don't know. All I do know is that this is one eventuality that needs to be added to "How to..." manual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics